Pages

Friday 14 January 2011

Australia Flood - La Niña and El Viejo

I was taking a look at NASA's many captured images of all kinds of natural disasters and pretty much in everything I am finding images. I don't really strain my eyes or look hard, they just appear to me - like the brain is piecing together a jigsaw puzzle. There's no doubt that some kind of change has been made to the brain.

I took a look at the most recent disaster which is all over the headlines - the flood in Australia and before I took a look at the satellite images I didn't read too much about it other than how it has put many homes at risk and many people still unaccounted for.

Here is the whole image:

Source: Earth Observatory - NASA

Here are two images (cropped from the right hand side top corner of the above picture - next to Rockhampton) - Image A pointing out facial features, look at Image B to see if you can make out the face:

Image A                                        Image B












In this image you should be able to make out the face of an old man.


Here is the another satellite picture of Australia's flood:

Source: Earth Observatory - NASA

Here are the two cropped images (from the right hand side top corner of the above picture - next to Rockhampton) - again Image A pointing out to the features and image B for clearer viewing:

Image A Image B





In this image there is a little girl who looks to be splashing water, I could see the splash pattern on her face and the wavey splash in the sea. She also seems to be spitting or sucking water into her mouth. This one might be a little harder to make out. However, when I looked at it a while longer I noticed inside the image of the girl there is a face of an old man.

I read some more on the Australia flood and found out that it was caused by La Niña - did some research on this. La Niña means the little girl and found out that it is sometimes referred to as El Viejo, which means the old man. Uh - coincidence?

I've been trying to figure out why these names are given and found a few articles - nothing that actually suggests that it has to do with the pattern of the weather forming these images. I hope others can see it - it is really fascinating.

Here are the articles from the web about La Niña and El Viejo:
Article 1
Article 2

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't make out a face, but you still might be on to something. Reality could be weird enough to justify what you are alluding to.

    I remember when the world trade center towers were hit, you could see images of 'the devil' in the smoke and fire. I saw two separate photos with two separate images of devils. You can google it. I'm not the only person who saw this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed softening my gaze helps to see it a little clearer and taking a step back from the screen allowing the image to get smaller. You can just resize the image but distancing from the screen helps. It may be that I've done a poor job at outlining it.

      I've had my sister view these images, she sees it but I did have to detail every part of it.

      The devil in the smoke is one thing that came up when I did a little research on pareidolia. There's also the eyes in the sky which can be found on youtube.

      Delete